cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Different together: diversity

Thanks for clarifying @stonepixie and I agree with what you have said. I am one of those people that gets cranky and irritable but other times I withdraw.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

When learning about people from many different backgrounds, what makes diversity so rewarding?

For me, I grow as a person, I become more accepting and accomodating. It is an awesome learning curve, which can help you become more globally aware. Heck, you may even get a new friend out of it.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonepixie I hate that our voice changes with anxiety, What i hate more is the fact that people purposely make you anxious for laughs or to get a bite

@Elsie That's pretty cruel Smiley Indifferent

Going onto our next question...

9. What is one piece of advice you would say right now to someone who is struggling with being different?  

When learning about people from many different backgrounds, what makes diversity so rewarding?

Getting to know so much, it's a huge learning experience!
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

I remember right at the beginning of the year when I was just meeting all the people in my TAFE class, I disclosed a bit about my background, which I believe has enabled the class to bond really well, as everyone see's the class as a safe place to talk about personal experiences and we tend to offer each other advice for situations. This is rewarding in that we are discussing real life situations we may encounter in our work after the course is over.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

@stonepixie thats really inspiring.

9. What is one piece of advice you would say right now to someone who is struggling with being different?  

Give yourself time.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

@j95 Education is the key! Smiley Wink

@stonepixie That's awesome that you were all able to build a super tight bond  to guide each other during tough times!

@redhead That advice is simple yet true