cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Discussing mental health with your family

My family is complicated.
I practically only include my dad coz he's all that matters.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

What's your family like? Who's in it, how do you feel when you spend time together? (Don't forget to include any non-human members in your answer!)

I have a fairly large family with 2 Sisters and a Brother. As well as about 30 Cousins. 

We spend time together for Birthday's Christmases etc and then don't actually talk a whole lot between those times Smiley Tongue 

My mum, my dad, my little sister, and The Hound. I'm lucky and have a super awesome family, and mostly when we spend time together it's a pretty good time. (Although the sibling rivalry can get pretty intense Smiley Tongue)

I love getting together with my dad and playing cards.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

@Ben-RO wow 30 cousins...you must need some sort of pneumonic device or rhyme to remember all their names!!

Hi Everyone!

Sorry im late, i put some clothes for wash early this morning and forgot about them :\ anyway here now! Glad to be here.

What's your family like? Who's in it, how do you feel when you spend time together? (Don't forget to include any non-human members in your answer!)

My family is complicated but overall good. I'm lucky i have both parents, a pretty great brother and a loving dog as part of my home life. I fight with my mum a lot and have a pretty complex relationship with them, its definitely been a source of stress for me in the past. I also come from a culturally diverse background so we don't really talk about our feelings, this is hard when youre like me and tend to have a lot of feelings haha but things are much better than they used to be!

What's your family like? Who's in it, how do you feel when you spend time together?

My family consists of my Mum, little bro who was born to a different dad but he's still my fully fucking sic bro and my grandma.  It's a small, close family but I'm not very open with them.  The only time all of us are in the same room is usually when we're watching TV although footy on Sundays is an opportunity for mu MUM, bro and I to chill out in a different environment.  Spending time together is great when everyone's in a good mood (sometimes) but it doesn't happen often.

Your dad sounds amazing @redhead Smiley Happy 

I am sorry that the rest of your family is complicated. From what you have shared in other parts of the community, it sounds very very hard at times. 

@Ben-RO my dad is my hero
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

@Stealth_ninja I can relate to a lot of what you said! None of my family grew up in Australia; we're all Chinese and the way we express feelings is very different and sometimes not very healthy.

I get along best with my mom and my grandma (plus the cats)!! I don't talk to my dad much. But even with people I really love I sometimes don't talk about the tougher times I have because I don't want them to worry. I will say that all the women in my family (including me) have great senses of humour Smiley Wink