cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: CHAT: Driving 18 June

Learning to drive I found it was best when I turned off the music. 

Hey @scared01 all good! Smiley Happy
My rule usually is, the driver chooses the music Smiley Tongue

@Eagle SMALL TOWN USERS UNITE! Smiley Very Happy

@mrmusic I know, I mean I could probably cope with the driving say in Sydney, as my town can be quite cray cray at times, but then I don't like driving in places I don't know well, I get easily stressed, and GPS are weird and cannot always be trusted!

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

How do you manage stress/nerves when driving/learning to drive? ANy tips for learner drivers?

For me I manage stress while driving usually by music , and if they isn't helping silence usually helps Smiley Happy
I don't have many nerves anymore apart from new towns but that is a rarity, so I just do my best and that's that Smiley Tongue

Learning to drive, my biggest tip is take your time. Take a deep breath and know that you'll learn it eventually. I spent 2 years on my learners, and I've known people who have been on them for 5+ years. So don't stress about how long it takes you to learn Smiley Happy

How do you manage stress/nerves when driving/learning to drive? ANy tips for learner drivers?

Having a great driving instructor was really good in helping me reduce stress when learning to drive - and not everyone has that privilege unfortunately. If you can find one, it will be really helpful. The other thing is that it’s okay to make mistakes - it’s one of the ways you learn.

@scared01 amazing advice! Yes ask them questions! Ask anyone you can! Smiley Happy

Thats great @mrmusic, I only had one driving instructor lesson and it was a free one, they were just too expensive. My mum taught me though and I also learnt by watching other full licence drivers if they drove me somewhere Smiley Tongue
I made many mistakes as a learner, and that is why you have to use the "L" Plates, as it lets other drivers know to be lenient as you are learning Smiley Happy

Honestly for me, when I did have my L's. I wasn't really anxious when driving I don't know why. Like I was anxious of making a mistake and being judged for it. 

Sounds like we know what we like when driving! Smiley Happy 

Seems most of us don't like city driving! I can understand why! If you're just tunning in, and like city driving, please join and let us know why Smiley Happy

Our next question is a fun one Smiley Happy

3. What helps make long drives fun/exciting? Any fav snacks or tunes?

Highlighted

Welcome @LeoTheLion Smiley Happy
That is interesting. How did you manage that?

No idea @Bee haha. 

What helps make long drives fun/exciting? Any fav snacks or tunes?

For me there are two main things: good music and good scenery. My car’s CD player doesn’t work properly which sucks, although I can plug in my iPod so that helps.