cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Families!

@j95 kudos to you!! It's not easy getting help, and its great to see that you are doing so much better!!

@Dreamer 95 what a great outcome! Sometimes standing up to them is all it takes

@Elsie welcome!! And yes, the pressure can be intense at times. It's funny how they put so much pressure on without asking what we would like for ourselves and letting us think about it

Sometimes families will go through tough times, like fights or a shared experience which is tough on everyone. Have you ever experienced this? Or do you know someone who has?

I know my family went through a lot of issues when my sis and I were in the final years of highschool. There was so much pressure put on us and there were quite a few heated discussions.

Thats true. I strived so long and in some ways I'm still striving to meet the what i call 'perfect daughter' standards and my own standards are higher than that. It's so hard not to want to meet the expectation. And when I stand up quite often my point is beaten by evidence.

Sometimes families will go through tough times, like fights or a shared experience which is tough on everyone. Have you ever experienced this? Or do you know someone who has?

I don't think I have really experienced something as major fights or stuff like that so much, but with my mum being sick and have gone through so much I had some family members with me to help, stuff that happened with mum has been such a hard time, fought with siblings but thats normal with most people

@Elsie I know what you mean, you try so hard to work towards that expectation. I'm trying my best to work through it now and want things because I want them for myself, but it's not always easy. But the important thing I guess is that you try your best to live as authentically as you can

@Dreamer 95 That sounds so tough, sending you and your family support!! You can always come here if you need some time out and support!!

My family has been around in circles. Just my immediate family can be like sitting in parliament house. Everyone is behind each others back and in each others face. Somedays I just want to walk away.
Highlighted

@Dreamer 95 Sorry to hear about that Smiley Sad It can be tough when you're trying to make things easier by helping out but some family members aren't being terribly helpful.