cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Families!

@Elsie that sounds like such a difficult family situation, and it would make sense that you would want to take a break from it sometimes. You can always hang out with us if you need somewhere to take a breather or take your mind off things

@Elsie That's awful - the bickering and arguments can get pretty intense and heated. Is there a safe space (i.e. your room, going outside and hanging out at the park, etc) that you could go to when it gets too much? 

@Dreamer 95 It can be so tough trying to be there to hold someone you love up and support them. Only to watch them and their health rise and fall like the tides of the ocean.

Highlighted

Sometimes families will go through tough times, like fights or a shared experience which is tough on everyone. Have you ever experienced this? Or do you know someone who has?

i can't really name a specific incident when it comes to my blood family, its more of years and years a problems, rather than a fight one day. But in my support network (that I consider my family) I've had arguments and fights with people and disagreements but we usually sort it out. I know that with some mates at footy its been really hard on the group of us because someone passed away recently but it has bought us closer during the hard time. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@j95 that's a good point, you should be able to talk through disputes with family and sort things out. Even if your blood family isn't so great, having a good support network acting like a family and being able to talk things out with them is great

Thanks for the support. Finding places is hard, I dont live in the safest suburb, I try to use my sport but its hard to balance with my study. And my dads got like a 24 hour open door policy rule. Makes it kinda hard but everyday that im here is another day that i have lived through the antics of my awkward and crazy family. 

@Elsie it does sound tough, but you also sound like you have an enduring spirit, and you are doing your best to balance all of your committments

8. Who would you go to if you were having issues within your family?

Who would you go to if you were having issues within your family?

Usually my friends, or if its only within the immediate family, to an extended family member. It really depends on who I think would have the best understanding of the situation, and who would be best placed to help me out or support me. With the support network, I can usually bring it up with them and talk things through without feeling like I would need much external support

8. Who would you go to if you were having issues within your family?

My family is my closest and most supportive friends - so I'm not sure, maybe I could go to RO?
But really... my group of friends that make up this family aren't all associated with each other so I can just go to someone else if I have problems. Eg, having problems with a friend at footy, can talk it through with a friend from TAFE.

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//