cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] Families!

@safari93 I think you mostly always have your close family, mum, dad, siblings. But your family extends and grows over time as you meet new people.
And friends are so important too, less judgemental.
The reason why I'm at such odds against my grandmum is because she is highly religious and almost pushes it onto us. While I feel more like my dad (athiest) she doesn't like that.
She has actually said to me that she's disappointed I don't believe in the fact that I don't think Jesus was a messiah. Which angered me.
Highlighted

@Dreamer 95 helloo!! That's interesting that you have both biological family and friends in your family. It seems like family for you is about the bonds between everyone in it

Highlighted

@N1ghtW1ng it can be tough dealing with highly religious family members, I know my family has a few and they're not exactly the easiest to get along with

Highlighted

@Myvo yeah. It's really my mum who keeps us in contact and my grandmum. And my mum's side... well there's smoking, drug and alcohol abuse (my mum stayed clean though). I'm afraid I don't think very highly of them.
Highlighted

safari93

Family to me is people who you love and who want to be around for you, but also have a great bond
Highlighted

Oh hey there @Dreamer 95!

Omgsh, I've also got friends who I've known for ages who are a lot like adopted 'sisters'. Totally agree that closeness really does vary between family members too!

@Dreamer 95 such a good point! Family can be about being with people who want to be with you too

Highlighted

@Dreamer 95 I've never really had anyone closer to me that I could call family not related by blood except for a couple of people but it's so true that strong bonds can create new family.

Highlighted

@N1ghtW1ng That really sucks Smiley Sad Some family can be angering - I'd be angry too if a rellie got into arms because I didn't agree with them (and they think they're right!) It's good to hear that your mum is working on improving herself and on keeping the connection going. 

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while! Thought I'd give my thoughts...

It's weird, my relationship with my family has improved tenfold since I broke up with my partner 6 months ago. It was as if there was this great divide between me and mum as if I ever had a problem I'd run off to my girlfriend. Now I love being at home and am catching up on everything I've missed haha