cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Families!

Alrighty, our next question!

2. What does ‘family’ mean to you? Who in your life would you call ‘family’?

@Snakem welcome!! Sometimes when you get into a new relationship other relationships can get compromised, but its good to know your family still welcomed you back and that you are enjoying their company again!!

Hey @Snakem! Welcome to the chat!

It's interesting to see the family dynamic as we move on in our lives, whether we get into a relationship or when a relationship ends. Goes to show that there are support comes in so many forms. 

What does ‘family’ mean to you? Who in your life would you call ‘family’?

For me, family would be a network of people who mutually support each other and show love to one another. According to this definition, my biological family wouldn't quite fit. I have a group of friends though that are basically this, and it's wonderful being them. Also certain relatives like my sister and a few of my cousins I would also consider family

@Myvo My mum has never done drugs or gotten overly drunk (at least while a 'mum', I don't know for sure when she was younger) or smoked. And I can definitely say I'm proud of her for coming from her family the way she is.
But man... my aunts, and my grandmum. They are, to say the least, painful. I really wish I could love them. I'm not saying I don't, because there's the blood relations that I can't ignore and I love them for that but I just feel so, kind of a disappoint in them.

2. What does ‘family’ mean to you? Who in your life would you call ‘family’?

Family means a close bond between multiple people or people who are close, either blood or non blood, people who I call family, as I said before someone who I can trust my life with but also have a great and close bond, someone or people who are willing to be there for me, people who I love.

What does ‘family’ mean to you? Who in your life would you call ‘family’?
Family is firstly, blood relations. Your parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, grandparents and so on. Then it's those who you have strong bonds with, friends and so on.
When I say family, I refer to my parents and siblings. Sometimes meaning one of my aunts and my grandad, then my cousin on my dad's side. Then extended family to mean the rest.

@Dreamer 95 good point! You want to be with people you trust and you feel like you have a strong and honest relationship with. Living with people who you aren't so closely bonded with can be difficult and even exhausting

Oh of course! And people you trust. That's important, being able to trust your family.

@N1ghtW1ng It can be super awful to hang out with rellies you don't even like. I think that one of the great things about family though is that you can choose who is there for you and can support you through tough times. Blood or not, it's all about caring for each other.