cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Fathers

Hello all!
Also, the picture on Facebook for this is awesome and made me laugh. @j95 take care of yourself okay? Enjoy your night!

Is Father's Day an important day for you? Why/why not?
I appreciate my father every day. I find that Father's Day is just a way of companies getting money out of their Father's Day themed products. There shouldn't be one day where it is implied that you should give your fathers presents and gratitude. Fathers should already get this gratitude and respect and maybe the occasional gift or two without need for a special holiday.
This is, of course, excluding abusive, mean, negative fathers. Those fathers do not deserve the gratitude and respect given on Father's Day. That should be every day.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

For me, fathers day is just like any other Sunday. However, I am going home for the weekend. Smiley Happy I say it is just like every Sunday because we don't really do anything special.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

Hey @N1ghtW1ng  thanks for coming on tonight!!! I loved reading your post I definitely agree i guess with todays society and busy life style we forgot to appreciate the ones we love so a day to remember all they do is important 

@m-y93 It's lovely that you have such a nice relationship with your father.
@j95 Glad you joined us tonight. Robot Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@N1ghtW1ng Thanks for joining us tonight! I agree that with awesome dads, they should be appreciated. The big and the little things that they do everyday Smiley Happy Whereas, not so awesome dads; the appreciation may not be so much. 

Hey @stonepixie will you do anything special when you get home? Or just spend time with your family

I will do my best to participate
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Nextttt question fathers day can be hard for some. What advice would you give to someone who finds the day hard for whatever reason?

@stonepixie My family always has lunches or dinners or something to celebrate these events. But I just don't think we should be doing that because of a special event.

@m-y93 Probably won't do anything special, just spend time with the fam bam

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ