cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] Fathers

Sounds good Smiley Happy 

What advice would you give to someone who finds the day hard for whatever reason?

Spend it with somebody and not by yourself, whether that be a father figure, partner, other family or friend

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

What advice would you give to someone who finds the day hard for whatever reason?
If the situation calls for it, tell them to treat it as a normal day, not as father's day just as another Sunday. But if, say, their father was loved but he's passed away, then see if you can spend the day with them, or tell them that he's still with you. Because real love exists on this world even after the death of those involved. It just changes and evolves.
I don't know really. But I'd tell them to remember the good memories, focus on the good things that you've done with your father. Don't let yourself dwell on it for too long. Allow a few minutes to ponder if necessary and then enjoy yourself for the rest of the day.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

2. Father's Day can be hard for some. What advice would you give to someone who finds the day hard for whatever reason?

Taking some time out and going for a walk helps. I find that Father's Day is not a joyous occasion for me, particularly in the past. I think that each person celebrates or goes about it in their own way.

My best friends Dad died two days ago, she hasn't seemed very distressed about it yet, but we are worried it will hit her suddenly. As a result we have organised a day of love for her - taking her on a picnic to avoid all of the fathers day marketing and we're just going to provide a healthy distraction for her.

For those that find today difficult, I would recommend thinking of a person that you think is your fatherly figure in your life if you didn't hace a good one in the first place.

For those that have lost their fathers, just remember all the amazing things you guys did together.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Hey @sunflowers and welcome to ReachOut! It's so sad about your friend but that is so wonderful what you are all planning to do for her. You are an amazing friend.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@N1ghtW1ng Hm, that's some great advice that I've never heard before! Focusing on the good times or treating it like a normal day are some simple tips to going about it 

For me Fathers Day is a very painful one. A day where I grieve a father who never lived up to that title. It's also a day to remember everybody else feeling similarly, and a day where I celebrate my strength in surviving, leaving, and changing my life to be better, despite how ridiculously hard that was.

@sunflowers sorry to hear of your friends loss. Losing someone close to you is very hard in any case but with fathers day coming up I can't imagine how hard it would be. As a friend all you can do is be supportive and try your best to keep their mind off what has happened