cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Fathers

Hmm~It's quite difficult for me to think about what's special about my dad. But I'll give it a go!

I think what makes my dad special is that he tends to watch foreign movies or documentaries on SBS or ABC. Even though he doesn't quite understand them himself, he says it's good for learning. As a kid, I didn't like that he hogged the TV, watching these damn shows. But, hey surprise! 12 years later, my favourite Australian TV channels of all time are...SBS and ABC. Um, thanks dad. 

I think im going to take 5 guys, finding this a bit harder than I thought I would. Might be back.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@j95 No worries! It's good to take some time out and do some self-care. Let us know how you go!

My dad made my home unsafe and was incredibly threatening. He was everything a father shouldn't be. Despite this though, I'm grateful for his impact on my life. I've learned to be empathetic, to be patient, to be strong and resilient, and most importantly my experience allows me to help support others going through similar things. I learnt what to never do, and who I never want to be, and it made me strive for better things.

I also met an incredible lady, Veronica Varlow, who adopted me as a kind of faux mum, and she's nurtured and taught me more about life than my parents ever could have. In that respect, I'm very blessed. I think sometimes things work out exactly right.

Take your time  we are all here for you if you need to chat. I can't imagine how hard it has been for you so your strength for staying on this long is amazing!

3. What makes your father – or a father figure in your life- special?
He always makes me smile.

Ok now what is the best quality of your father or father figure?

Thanks for understanding j95

I think sometimes you need to allow yourself to grieve as if that person isn't there anymore, and allow yourself to find a new 'dad' for yourself, whether that's a blog, or a person, or a place.

@whiterabbitday It's amazing that you've found such positivity from a negative experience. To become an empathetic, strong and resilient person is one of the best kinds of people! Smiley Very Happy

He loves with all his heart and cares much more than what he lets on.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ