cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Fathers

Tonight we have discussed the impact on fathers in our lives. Fathers day means something different to all of us, some love the idea others see it as another day. Regardless their is no wrong or right way to view fathers day.  We have appreciated that it can be a hard day for some that grew up without a father figure or have lost their father.  Fathers make us laugh, they love us, they care for us and most importantly they look out for us. We might not all see that in our fathers but we have to remember the different relationships we share with our parents. 

Getting our fathers gift can be easier than imagined, father's are usually content and happy with anything. From the odd socks, ties or 'best dad' mug to something as simple as spending time with them. 

We agree that a Father ideally would be loving, supportive, breakdown gender sterotypes and overall a role model. We bond with our fathers in different ways, some enjoy bonding with their dad others just do it for everyday peace. Whatever your relationship with your father or father figure we have to acknowledge that no two people will ever have the same opinion on their fathers and that is totally fine. We all experience life in different ways and have to build our own path from what we are given. Although it can be hard to talk about your father especially if you've lacked having a good relationship with him it can also help you overcome that. 

So this Fathers Day whatever you might be doing, or not doing, remember to appreciate your dad or father figure and remind them how much you love them or enjoy the beautiful Sunday with friends or even just spend it like any other Sunday. 

Thank you for joining tonight have yourself a good night

Thanks everyone for joining tonights session! I enjoyed myself. And thanks to @m-y93 and @Myvo for facilitating tonight!

Enjoy your evening!
Oh and before I go, when exactly is fathers day? I can never remember...
Highlighted

Thanks everyone for joining us tonight! Smiley Very Happy 

First sunday of september

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Father's Day is this Sunday! 

@stonepixie @Myvo good thing my mum already prepared presents! That my dad picked.

See you some time in the virtual future! Good night and enjoy the rest of your week!
N1ghtW1ng

I'm very lucky to have a good relationship with my dad, he attempts to bond over cars and fishings TV shows haha but lately we have been bonding over food (who can catch it in there mouth most of the time) Smiley Happy

Good session guys

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com