Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Fathers

I will be ok now
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Here comes our next question!

5. What is the best, worst or cheesiest present that you can think of to give a father or father figure?

> My dad is pretty apathetic when it comes to gifts, so it's usually the same coffee + pair of socks combo that he gets each year. He seems content to get those. But I must say that  I found something astonishing a few years ago. My dad really likes macarons. The sweet French meringue-based biscuit thing, that he usually refers to as 'small cakes (because he honestly doesn't really know what they are)'. I thought this was a win! Gives me an excuse to buy them more often Smiley Very Happy

5. What is the best, worst or cheesiest present that you can think of to give a father or father figure?

This reminds me of a funny memory. When I was in foster care I lived with these kids who got their dad mugs full of lollies from the fathers day stall. We ate all the lollies the night before and gave
Him the empty mugs. He was impressed...

I think we left one or two lollies in the bottom.

Just something that pays him out. Haha. My family is good like that.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Sounds nice @Myvo  I think we have all been culprits of the tie or socks we would get from schools fathers day stall. I think the best would be just spending time with your dad doing something he likes that's what I believe would most make him happy. 

I don't know really. But as a fathers day gift something really generic would be one of the worst, or cheesiest, like a mug that says best father ever or a shirt or something. Hehe. Or a tea towel.

@j95 that is really funny! I would do that to.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@j95 that sounds like a good memory! it's nice to have memories like that remember the good times 

Oh right. The best thing would be something that suits your father/father figure. My dad loves comics and stuff so I'd get him something relating to that. Which reminds me of an amusing memory. I went out to the shops and found a superhero figurine and bought it with the intent of giving it to him... but then I changed my mind because I liked it too much. Ah well! I gained an awesome figurine.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Despite him never so much as signing a prebought card for me, last year I got him this beautiful vintage book of poetry by Henry Lawson. He loves being on the road, country music and australian poetry, so I thought it was a pretty great gift idea. He broke his silent treatment to say thankyou which was literally the only two words he'd said to me since I was about 8 despite living in the next room, so I guess he liked it.