cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Formal date dramas

@Billy-RO 

I didn't actually take a date for my year 10 and 11 formal. only for year 12 - and we were dating already so there was no officially asking process!

sounds like she said yes anyway?

lanejane

How did you ask @Billy-RO?  

@Billy-RO Didn't ask anyone but someone asked me! I can see how nerve-wracking it was for him at the time. There were people in my grade that went all out (i.e. wrote songs) to ask dates out whereas others had some not-ok manoeuvers...

Sounds like a few people really look forward to the formal and enjoyed it, and some just took the night as it came. Pretty interesting stuff!

Okay for next question

Going to the formal is not for everyone. What are other ways to celebrate the end of Year 12?

lanejane

Good evening all!

1. Ahhh, formal – a night of celebration, laughter, and all sorts of whimsical stuff. Going to your school formal can mean different things to different people too. So, our first question is: How was your school formal and what did it mean to you?

My school formal was nice. I was one of the few that didn't have partner which I was sad about, but I was really happy with the dress I chose, and I got to have some nice times with friends which is what counts really Smiley Happy. It was stressful too though, my best friend was having boy troubles and got blind drunk at the after party and I had to try and look after her which was a little bit challenging. At the time it felt like the most important thing in the world to have a date and to be one of the prettiest, but now it actually doesn't mean much to me. I just had a uni graduation event last week and I feel like that was way more special to me because there was less stress and expectation around it.

Highlighted

Wow, writing songs is cool @Myvo!

I asked my year 10 date out via text (looking back now that's pretty lame) and my year 12 date was one of my closest friends, and he was helping me deal with my recent break up, so I knew he would say yes Smiley Happy 

Well, I just bit the bullet and did it. I remember it was in the canteen. I bought her a hot chip roll with gravy to seal the deal haha. 

Going to the formal is not for everyone. What are other ways to celebrate the end of Year 12?

We always had an after party which every one enjoyed more than the actual formal! Lots of different friendship groups also had small get-togethers (brekkies, lunches, dinners, sleepovers, etc) as a way to kind of finish off the year and part our ways, which was nice.

WRITING SONGS IS NOT COOL. WRITING SONGS MAKES THE REST OF US LOOK BAD! HAHA

@Billy-RO you are WAY too cool!