cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] Formal date dramas

I actually don't know... The school was fine with past students coming as 'dates' to the formal, however no one tried to bring another girl who didn't used to go to my school.

Sadly, I don't think my school would have been okay with it. Although, I really don't know...

Is your school LGBTI friendly when it comes to formals?

My school had a really weird policy about people coming with same-sex partners. When it came to girls they could go together with no problem, but guys had to go through some strange interview process, I guess to tell if they were serious or not? Either way not cool :/

That is really weird @Chessca_H

*snort* @lanejane , my school doesn't have formals, the big thing to do is the deb. this year, two girls wanted to do their deb together, but they had to get permission from all the organisers, the venue, all the other debs and their partners, all the parents, thier school principle and deputies...needless to say the list went on... yay for conservative communities...

@Myvo that's pretty cool. Do you remember any same sex people/couples going together?

At my school the answer was no. I won't go into it much because i wrote all about it on the very first post for this GR session. But basically I was just told that I couldn't take a female partner. Even though we had been dating for like 10 months! And everyone knew about it...

lanejane

I actually have no idea. When I was in Y12 there was only one openly gay male student in our year and he came by himself. I don't think the school would have objected to him coming with a same-sex partner, but I think that other people in our year would have teased him, which is really sad. His boyfriend didn't attend the school so he wouldn't have been able to come anyway, but the idea that he might have been turned off bringing him (if it was allowed) because of the attitudes of others is really quite sad.

@florenceforever I know right! I don't think any guys actually tried to in my year, probably partly because of that weird policy 

I have no idea what a deb is!?

That is very sad @delicatedreamer  Smiley Sad

OH AND we had two boys who were going to go togehter. One was gay, and one wasn't. They wouldn't let them go together because the school was "concerned" of how the non-gay student would be perceived by his friends and family.

He was okay with it but was told it's basically not okay...!

/palm to forehead

lanejane