cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Formal date dramas

Do you predict or did you experience any formal dramas? How can/did you overcome it?
(e.g. cost of outfit, compromising with parents, formal date drama, after party)

I also remember there being alcohol-related drama at the after party. People either not having any and going to great deals to get it, or those that had too much and ended up behaving like idiots.

Highlighted

on formal dramas, it wasn't at my school, but in a neighbouring town, a whole bunch of year 12 snuck alcohol in, but broke down teh back door of the venue to do so. apparently the school captain ended up really drunk, but the school wouldn't send him home because they didn't want to look bad.

@safari93 That would have been lame for her. Limos cost heaps!

At least she got there in the end Smiley Happy

lanejane

Wow, so much alcohol related formal drama!

Come to think of it, I remember there was some drama relating to after party stuff. Some friends were really not into being around alcohol and runk people and others thought they were being too strict about it.

@BlindEagle 's story actually reminded me of something.

At my year 11 formal two people snuck down stairs to like a maintainence room and got jiggy with it.

Everyone found out.

Completely embrassing for them.

lanejane

@lanejane Yup, my school had an afterparty. It was held in a dodgy warehouse somewhere. Apparently, people drank alcohol underage and the cops busted in so it finished early. Smiley Indifferent

@lanejane O.O

Couldn't they have waited like... A few hours?!

Do you predict or did you experience any formal dramas? How can/did you overcome it?
(e.g. cost of outfit, compromising with parents, formal date drama, after party)

On the night, I turned up with everything except my ticket...I know very silly!!

Luckily, a staff member collecting tickets (who happened to be a nun at my school) let me in because I already paid for it of course Smiley Happy

So don't forget your tickets everyone!

@Chessca_H that was my whole year levels thinking haha

but hey

sometimes people just gotta go with the flow...

????????

lanejane

Next question!

The formal after-party is seen to be this fabled notorious event. How can you keep your friends and yourself safe while having fun before, during, and after formal?

> Always have a point (or several points of contact! Whether this is a meeting place (i.e. a checkpoint) or people's mobile phone numbers in your Contacts, it's important to keep track of everyone as the night goes on. Remember to drink plenty of water, take a rest when you need to, and have at least a few designated drivers if you're out in a public space. Or, if people decide to drink, ensure that it's in a safe environment (i.e. someone's house with a few people, rather than a warehouse with a kajillion people).