cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(CHAT) Gender Roles

Hey Everyone Man Very HappyWoman Very Happy

This GR is all about gender roles. 

We will be exploring how our gender  can affect the expectations  from others ( and ourselves) in the roles we play in life. 

Are we still stuck in a society where our gender affects our jobs?  images-182.jpg

images-133.jpg

Come join us for a chat on Gender Roles on the 11th June  @ 730pm (aest)

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Re: (CHAT) Gender Roles

Heya everyone and welcome to tonight's chat! Smiley Happy

If at all you find this conversation distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone, about an issue then it's time to get some help! You can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their webchat and email services found on their respective sites. The links can be found here.

If you're interested, we'd love to have you join us, but no pressure Smiley Happy  @Bee @DruidChild @MyUsernameIsThis @Spencerhastings @j95 @lokifish @scared01 

Time for the first question of the night: 

Are there set gender roles in your family or friend groups? What are some examples?

Helloo everyone

Perhaps @Nightruner23@mrmusic @redhead @Brendos94@missep @_daisy would also like to join in? 

Highlighted

I think my family has the typical women (my mum, sisters and I) do the cooking and cleaning and the men (well really just my dad) do the cars and outside maintenance and stuff. I don't think it was set out to be that way it's just how it's worked out. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

Hey and welcome @scared01 and @ErinsAntics! Smiley Very Happy

I find in my family too men do the outdoorsy stuff, even cooking if it's the BBQ! But indoors it's the women who are cooking. Strange how that ends up, huh? Smiley Tongue

Most people in my family that do the caring type roles or childcare  are women while men often work on cars, cabinetry and thingd like that. 

Im not sure if its so much as the roles itself but more just the preferences  those people have chosen for their jobs. 

@jess1600 @Eagle @less123321

you guys are more than welcome to join in to

I'm a bit late sorry! My family is kinda classic nuclear family - mum stays home, dad works. Although in theory everybody pitches in with cleaning etc, it's usually my mum and me (the oldest 'daughter') who ends up doing the most around the house. 

Helloo @DruidChild