cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: (CHAT) Gender Roles

@scared01 it's interesting thinking about whether people prefer doing those things or it's the gender roles, do your family members enjoy their jobs?

@DruidChild you're not late at all Smiley Happy It's usually like that with cleaning, isn't it Smiley Tongue Everyone should help but only a couple of people do.

Theres not really any set gender roles like no tells anyone what they are 'meant' to do but I think there is gender roles unintentionally set because we have just adapted to what traditionally females and males roles have been expressed if you know what I mean. That probe doesn't make sense ahaha....

Heya @scared01 and everyone Smiley Very Happy

I think it's time for the next question: 

Has how you been raised affected how you see gender roles?

but with my mum because she is a single parent she had to take on all the roles of a parent

Hey there @less123321! Smiley Very Happy Welcome to tonight's chat Smiley Happy It makes a little bit of sense, society's expectations can be weird at times.

yes I think so especially because as I said my mum is a single parent so she basically does everything so it has kind of shown me that any gender can do what ever they want if they put in effort and don't listen to people who's gender roles are really important to them and their family structure

Hello! Sorry I'm late!!

I've observed similar things to what everyone has listed so far. Driving is one I notice too - in my family my dad always drives rather than my mum.

Yeah @N1ghtW1ng even if you try to make it 'equal' some people always end up doing more than others Smiley Tongue

@less123321 that must be a lot of responsibility for your mum! Good on her Smiley Happy 

Hmm I definitely think the way I was raised affects how I see gender roles. My mum tried to give me a very feminist and girl-power-y childhood which affected me in one way, but at the same time, expectations of me as a 'girl' (like that I should be empathetic and caring, that I be pretty and modest to an extent, open about my feelings and open to everyone in general) moulded my personality a lot!! 

yes I agree sorry I'm not good at putting my thoughts into sentences hahahaha