cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: (CHAT) Gender Roles

ahaha yes!! she is a super mum ahah

Hello ao lovey you could join us @less123321@May_

No that does make sense @less123321 perfect sense. 

@N1ghtW1ng hmm some do and some dont but when they say they  want to change jobs its usualy those associated with the common roles like childcare or aged care etc. 

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@May_ that's an interesting point. I know my dad drives far more than my mum. Although that's more because he apparently gets motion sickness when not driving Smiley Tongue

@less123321 that's awesome that your mum has been able to show you that. It can be hard for some people. No need to apologise! Words are tricky and you are doing amazing! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us Smiley Happy

@DruidChild it's interesting to reflect on how we were raised affected our personalities Smiley Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Hey @Bee wanna join us Smiley Happy

Not really, I just think that my parents have worked out what their roles due to their strengths. My dad knows his way around a car and mechanic stuff but he doesn't really know his way round a kitchen which is fine. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

So many awesome responses! Now it's time for question three!

What's a way that you bend the gender roles and how can we support those who do?

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Q2. 

Hmm i think ive always had that gender  role expectation. But ive always taken more interest in 'womens' roles than anything else esp baking and caring for people ( of all ages) 

@ErinsAntics it's nice when people are happy with what they are comfortable with Smiley Happy

probably just doing what you love and what you want to do. no matter what gender you are you can do anything if you put your mind and effort into it. also surrounding yourself with people that you know will not judge and support you is also the key