Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: (CHAT) Gender Roles

Hey @scared01 haven't talked for a bit and thanks ☺️

Hey @j95 how are you

Well I can’t really talk about my family because they are all stupid but I don’t think it really applies for my friend group, but I see some gender roles in other families like my mentors and their family
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Hey @Nightruner23 nice to see you

Hey @j95 family doesnt just have to be by blood.  It can be a close friend or mentor as well. Smiley Happy

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hi @scared01 and everyone! Sorry I'm a bit late!!

I think gender expectations are still very much present. I think slowly as a society we're learning about changing these stigmas, stereotypes and expectations and I'm really excited about the changes!

I remember reading a story somewhere about a girl plumber getting so many comments on a daily basis about being a female in her profession. I wish we lived in a society where it doesn't even matter what gender you are! But I have hope that this will change.

Heya @j95 and thanks for coming along! You definitely don't have to talk about your family, gender roles are all over the place. Smiley Tongue

Hey there @missep! Smiley Very Happy It's great to have you along, even if you are late Smiley Tongue Hopefully society will change one day, one small piece at a time Smiley Happy

Hey @j95 and @Nightruner23 Smiley Happy 

I think gender roles are becoming more fluid in some ways - like, it's more okay for girls to like things like lego and building and stuff. But also - in a lot of ways, not really? Because like the most underpaid jobs (caring jobs mostly, like child care and cleaning)  are still mostly done by women, women have much higher rates of poverty...gay men and lesbians and trans people still get beaten up and murdered for defying gender roles. I think we still have work to do! 

Hey @j95 Smiley Happy What kind of gender roles have you noticed with your mentors?

Do you think gender roles becoming more fluid in this day and age?
I think they are although as @missep just said they are very much still present. Noticing them, increasing awareness and challenging them is definitely key to breaking them down

Haha @N1ghtW1ng happy to be here!
Totally agree, small steps towards a larger goal Smiley Happy
So true @May_ some people don't even question it (e.g. older generation) so when they do a whole new world opens up to them.