cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: (CHAT) Gender Roles

@DruidChild there's still a long ways to go, but I think in a lot of smaller communities, gender roles are much more fluid than as a huge, societal one. (that made no sense I'm sorry Smiley Tongue)

Also I think in Thailand gender roles and gender identities are much more progressive than here! They have 18 different gender identities! I just learnt that today which is perfect for today's topic I think Smiley Happy !

Hey @DruidChild that is very true

No you made sense! Smiley Tongue I agree that in some communities it's a lot more progressive than in the wider culture @N1ghtW1ng! Is that kinda what you meant? I think young people especially (like our age and younger) are a lot more accepting of fluidity and non conformity than older generations are. 

@DruidChild haha yes that's exactly what I meant Smiley Tongue

@missep it's so interesting! In history and other cultures there's so many different interpretations of gender and gender roles and yet some people seem to insist that theirs is the right way Smiley Tongue

@May_ the gender roles I have noticed are when I go there for lunch or something it’s the women who are cooking, maybe that’s just because they like it too, but like also I noticed with their kids who are a bit older than me, when I go to one of their houses the husband is usually like doing some of the housework which is a good change
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@j95 that's interesting - thanks for sharing Smiley Happy

I've got to head off now goodnight everyone nice chatting to you!

I find it interesting too! @N1ghtW1ng!
It's crazy when you think about how societal norms are created. Like who creates them? What gets accepted and rejected? Why can't we all just be happy and do what we want and love each other and spread acceptance!

That's interesting @j95, thanks for sharing that! Smiley Happy It's nice to see how things are changing.

@May_ see ya! Thanks for coming along tonight Smiley Happy

@missep Exactly! I always wonder "Why?" when it comes to these things Smiley Tongue

This has been such an awesome chat! I've got one more question up my sleeve for you all tonight:

What is one thing you've learnt from tonight's chat? How will you use that knowledge in your every-day life?

(okay, so I cheated and made it two but they connect so it's okay Smiley Tongue)