cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Getting Back Into Nature

Have you ever turned to nature or outside when you were feeling bad? Tell us a little about what you did.

All the time. I've described it before I believe so the gist is just meditating under a tree and listening to everything. The soft rustling of the trees in the wind, the sound of people going by their lives, the birds chirping. It just comforts me being relaxed outside doing nothing but listening.

I like the idea of seeing stars reflecting off the water @Ben-RO, though I've personally never seen it. Crystal clear waters, here I come!

Have you ever turned to nature or outside when you were feeling bad? Tell us a little about what you did. 

Not really - I should though. Usually when I'm feeling bad I just hide in my bedroom, but I'm walking distance from a beach, a lake, a river, and a nature reserve, so I want to get out more.

turned to nature or outside when you were feeling bad? Tell us a little about what you did.

I can't really but I want to

Sometimes when I've been feeling bad I go outside to walk around or get some air, but I generally don't go to a nature place. Just being outside is typically enough of nature for me at the time. Maybe because I don't have access to a bigger escape, or maybe because I don't need a big/long retreat away. 

But, somewhat often (particularly over the last year or so) when I'm feeling very bad and especially if it's combined with restlessness, then I start planning bigger escapes into nature. The last time I successfully carried this through was about two years ago when I went to a much smaller country town in Victoria with one of my friends. We only ventured out away from the town once, but even the town felt different and more rural enough for us both (she is far more pro-being in nature than I am). 

Next question!

5. What are some things we can do to be in nature more?

Also Ceres environment park is my favourite place ever
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

First thing that comes to mind is one time, I was feeling really down and just wanted to go outside for a bit. It was at night time and it was chilly, but I just sat outside on the grass, back leaning against the wall. I just remember that it was really quiet and calming, and it was like everyone was sleeping
I went back inside because it got pretty cold haha

What are some things we can do to be in nature more?

Well, going camping is one of my favourites! There's also just a bit of nature pretty much everywhere, even if there should be more, and truly wild places are much harder to get to.

Head out to a park near you, go for a drive to the local beach and have a walk, have a look at the national parks and wildlife destinations that're near you Smiley Happy  

I love Ceres @j95 I used to live in that area when I was little, we went there all the time Smiley Happy

5. What are some things we can do to be in nature more?

Making it a safe place or finding a safe place! I always have that one spot in places I frequent where I specifically go to because I'm so used to it. That adventurous part of me loves exploring so finding new places is always exciting. I say, if you really want to get out there, find that younger part of you who loves exploring new places and look for things you'd never see in a non-nature environment.

Oops. And I forgot one thing: good night all! Still got stuff to do so have an awesome discussion Smiley Happy