cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CHAT]: Goals and Goal-Setting

So, goals are good. We get told it from our school, by our parents and by society all the time.

goals.gif

We get told that life is a simple progression from setting, goals, achieving those goals, and then setting new goals. Achieving goals guarantees success, and success guarantees happiness, right?

do it.gif

But, what happens if you don't succeed in your goals? What happens if your goals aren't the same as the goals that other people want for you? Arguably, goals are important, but what happens if you develop an unhealthy relationship with them? What if you set too much? Or too little?

How do you make goal-setting work for you, and not against you?

Join us next Monday, 17th July at A NEW TIME OF 7:30pm AEST To have a chat about all things goal-related. We hope to see you there! Smiley Happy

Re: [CHAT]: Goals and Goal-Setting

Hey everybody! Welcome to tonight's chat! Which we're having a go at starting at 730 for the first time ever! 

Tonight is all about goals, big ones and little ones and how to score as many as possible in your life (and perhaps on the field too. 

If at all you find this conversation distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone, about an issue then it's time to get some urgent help! Head here to find some great options where you can call or type to someone one on one.  If you are new here then welcome! Have a quick peak at our community guidelines you can find them here 

Now for the first question. What exactly is a goal anyway? 

Hi everyone!!!

Hi everyone,

I'll be in and out as I am cooking dinner Smiley Very Happy 

What exactly is a goal anyway?

To me, a goal is something I want to achieve in my life and the steps I will take to achieve that goal. It is more than just an outcome of something, it is a process. It is a process I use in everyday life to help organise myself and manage things as they come. A goal is something that helps me keep perspective and purpose. It can be big or small, and it can be short or long. To me, a goal is something I desire for myself or it is something I am required to do. 

What is a goal?

To me it's aligning my passions/interests with an outcome. Small steps, building blocks. The best thing about a goal is the process and the journey is actually the fun part. The outcome is the trophy at the end Smiley Happy 

A goal is something i aim to achieve and is used to break it down if it's too dissicult to do with just one or two steps.

A goal is an objective that you take steps to achieve. It could be small, like, 'I'm going to smile at one stranger everyday for a week.' It could also be big, like, 'I'm going to take over the world *evil laugh*.' Achieving a goal can also take different amounts of time depending on what it involves.

Hi sorry I'm late.

For me a goal is something I work towards achieving. Whether it be something big or small it's something I want for my future, something I have to work to get.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire