cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] Harmony Day

@scared01 that is a great answer. Traditions are an important part of cultures and a wonderful thing to celebrate and learn about Smiley Happy

@Bee stop eating purple people. It's not their fault they ate one of Willy Wonka's Three-Course Gums Smiley Tongue

@roseisnotaplant that's just about right! Smiley Very Happy Getting along is so important.

@Nightruner23 we're proud to have you here too! It's always great having different perspectives in a chat Smiley Happy
Highlighted

What do you know about Harmony Day?

I know that Harmony Day is an initiative which aims to bring about inclusion for everyone, regardless of individual cultural differences (which to me include sexuality, gender identity, religious beliefs, spirituality, race, among others). But I don't know about any activities or otherwise that take place in order to promote this.

Highlighted

Does your workplace/school/uni/TAFE celebrate Harmony Day? If so, how?

Yeah my school's gotten super into it this year - we're doing a bunch of activities and stuff and holding an event at lunchtime and that kind of thing.
Highlighted

@Bee my tafe  does they do activities and all that i dont what else though 😜

Highlighted

I would imagine that my uni would celebrate Harmony Day, but as yet, I haven't heard a peep from them. My prac facility, possibly not so overtly, but cultural acceptance and culturally-informed practice is a regular part of my interactions with clients, and hopefully the same can be said for other staff!

Highlighted

@murmusic nice definition! It's really clear and easy to understand Smiley Happy

2. Does your workplace/school/uni/TAFE celebrate Harmony Day? If so, how?
Actually... I don't know if my uni celebrates Harmony Day. You'd think they would but the campus ministry (they did acts of kindness so would kind of be the ones to do this) haven't mentioned anything. Unless I'm completely oblivious (totally possible). They'll probably just have a sausage sizzle... or maybe a bunch of foods? I don't remember Smiley Tongue
Highlighted

@roseisnotaplant it's awesome that your school is really into it Smiley Happy Hopefully the events include some snacks for lunch Smiley Tongue

@Nightruner23 nice Smiley Happy Will you be at tafe on Wednesday? (that's when Harmony Day is Smiley Happy)
Highlighted

@N1ghtW1ng yea im on in the afternoon at tafe and what about you @N1ghtW1ng

Highlighted

when i was in school (both primary and high school) they celebrated and still do celebrate it every year. often they would get a few teachers if they had some other nationalities to teach the students in groups about it and people would also bring in food and we would have a cultural lunch where we could buy plates with the different things on it 

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

Hey guys! I'm a bit late but I'm here now! Smiley Very Happy