cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Healthy Eating Aug 13

What do you think healthy eating is? Do you think eating the odd snack snack (chips, ice cream) is still considered healthy eating?

i think healthy eating is eating a well balanced diet with lots of fresh fruit and vegies! hmm yes i do think the occassional snack is still considered healthy eating because its not a daily snack
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

What do you think healthy eating is? Do you think eating the odd snack snack (chips, ice cream) is still considered healthy eating?

I may or may not be about to get some more chocolate as I type this Smiley Tongue To me healthy eating is about giving your body what it needs to function optimally. I figure that the brain is part of the body, and therefore if we're craving something then it's okay to indulge a little (provided you've eaten all your veggies first! Smiley Tongue)

True @litgym I definitely notice how it effects my body and energy if I'm not eating well Smiley Happy

@missep definitely agree with your point about cooking at home - restaurant food tastes really good for a reason... Smiley Tongue

I think healthy eating is all about eating a balanced and proportioned diet. I've become a big fan recently of thinking more about how much I'm consuming as opposed to simply what I'm consuming, and even just the amount has a big impact on how healthy I've been. Which does make sense, because of course it's going to be healthier to eat a handful of chips over the entire packet. So with that, while I wouldn't say eating them is eating healthy, as long as it is in moderation and isn't leading you to otherwise not be healthy, it can still considered to be part of eating healthily.
But getting the right nutrients is the really big part of healthy eating, and that's what most immediately comes to mind. In my mind, this means a lot of vegetables, fruits, nuts, and not so appetising but clean/fresh seeming things.

Also if I'm craving something naughty I'll have some tea first and it's usually the case that I'm just bored that's why I wanted to have a snack haha

haha so true @May_ it's what makes us wanting to eat at restaurants more and more!

@missep that's a good point about eating out of boredom! I tend to test whether I'm really hungry by thinking about eating some carrots or broccoli - if I'm truly in need of food then they'll sound really appealing, but if not then it's probably just a psychological craving Smiley Tongue

Hello everyone!

I think healthy eating is all about eating a balanced diet that is full of fruits, veggies, protein, healthy fats and carbohydrates. I eating the odd snack is still considered healthy, providing they are eaten in moderation Smiley Happy.

@Birdeye very true you must have really good self restraint! Wish I had the same if I have chips, lollies etc available to me I can't help but eat too many so I have to just not buy them :')
Highlighted

@missep I do the same with tea Smiley Very Happy