cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Healthy Eating Aug 13

2. What are the biggest barriers or challenges of eating healthy for you?

Probably the fact that most unhealthy foods taste so good to give up 😂

i challenge for me is not snacking when im bored bc that’s a real struggle. another challenge is probably maintaining a steady food intake because i usually eat nothing or too much. 

Highlighted

one of the biggest challanges i face is eating healthy on a budget! i love fresh fruits and vegies but it can become expensive to create good healthy meals.  

the other is my pop is a huge fussy eater- if its healthy theres a chance he wont eat it! 

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because your WORTH it!**

What are the biggest barriers or challenges of eating healthy for you?

Keeping myself full throughout the day (by eating fibrous, protein rich foods) so I'm less likely to crave junk. Also resisting the urge to go out and buy something when someone mentions a junk food, I see an advertisement etc. Smiley Tongue Also $1 frozen drinks at all the fast food places will be the death of me hahaa why does it have to be so CHEAP Smiley Tongue

What do you think healthy eating is? Do you think eating the odd snack (chips, ice cream) is still considered healthy eating?

For me, healthy eating is eating the right amount of calories for your body with a good mix of nutrients! I don't like the idea of restricting anything from my diet, so I think the odd snack is absolutely fine. At the moment I am trying to build muscle so I am focusing on eating more protein Smiley Happy

What are the biggest barriers or challenges of eating healthy for you?

I find it challenging to know the right amount to eat. I can easily eat too little in a day without even realising it, which makes me very tired. Recently I have been using my fitness pal to track my food and macro nutrients, to make sure I am eating enough of the right foods.

@scared01 cost is such an important contributor! I'm glad that initiatives like the Odd Bunch at Woolies are starting to become a thing. Cheaper fresh produce just because it looks a little different (I actually prefer 'em misshapen because they're more interesting to discover Smiley Tongue) is a pretty sweet deal Smiley Happy

i havent heard of that @lokifish i dont normally shop at woolies but worth a look. i love fruits and veg but also co-incides with pop being fussy so he will say ill have those and ill buy them and they wont get eaten or onely one piece will be eaten before they start o go yukky
i will definenlty have a look!!
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because your WORTH it!**

Making sure I have the right ingredients in bulk already at home is really important for me - I need to be able to just come home after a long day and have everything there for me. Feeling unmotivated is also a barrier sometimes and usually means I will just make a homemade pizza (which can definitely be healthy but not the best if I put heaps of cheese on it haha). Drinking alcohol and being in social environments is another challenge because it makes me want to eat really unhealthy food - especially if others are!

I'm a very very very fussy eater, and am much more comfortable sticking with foods I'm familiar with. Most of these aren't the healthiest.
Compounding on to this, is that I don't want to spend the money on healthy food. I don't want to spend time and money on something that I feel I'm likely not to like. It just feels like a waste that isn't worth it.

I love the Odd Bunch @lokifish, I think it's a great idea and reduces waste and helps farmers Smiley Happy
Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here to start a topic

Not sure where to start?:
Head here and say hi!
Users Online
Currently online: 1 member 251 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members:
Top High Fived Authors