cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] Healthy Eating Aug 13

@May_ that's a really good point about alcohol! I feel the same way; I always want to eat foods high in salt and fat when I have been drinking.

@MissX Myfitnesspal app was super helpful for me to realise how much I am and should be eating! Would definitely recommend it for anyone who thinks that they could notice kjs in a safe way.

@Birdeye Yay I'm glad to hear that! Its definitely important to have a good think about if counting calories is right for you. I am in a headspace now where I can safely do so, but a few years ago I probably would have obsessed too much about it.

@May_that's a great point about social situations. No party has healthy food. And if I'm just catching up with friends or even just out with my boyf or something, it's so much more tempting and easier to support each other in getting dessert and soft drink and lollies.

Another vouch for MyFitnessPal over here! Obviously it's *really* important to keep an eye on how we're using kilojoule counting apps (it's easy to become obsessed with the numbers and develop unhealthy eating habits as a result) but I found it really useful for learning what a "serving" of food actually looks like Smiley Happy

@May_ @Birdeye YES! Why must all party food be junk?! Don't get me wrong, I love junk food, but having a sandwich with my chips or soft drink keeps my gut happy so I can actually enjoy the event Smiley Tongue

I was at a party on Saturday, and they had spinach and ricotta sausage-esque rolls. And I feel like that might be the healthiest party food I've ever eaten.

Though really, I hadn't eaten that badly for the last week and haven't snacked for quite a while so was pretty happy with being able to indulge throughout the party. When it's not special though, it's really unhelpful.

Great answers so far guys! Here is the next question:

3. Is healthy eating boring?

@Birdeye I have the same issue with my partner - we definitely encourage each other to eat bad food it's not great! I find it so hard to say no in those situations Smiley Tongue

3. Is healthy eating boring?

I don't think so! I think just making things that you like but just healthier versions of it!
Smiley Happy