cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Healthy Eating Aug 13

Is healthy eating boring?

What's boring is being stuck in a hospital bed because you've had a heart attack from eating too much junk food... it's important to take a long term view of things

Besides it doesn't have to be boring! You can always combine naughty stuff and healthy stuff - putting some chocolate chips in a trail mix of nuts, putting some extra soy sauce on your stir fried veggies etc. Smiley Very Happy

3. Is healthy eating boring?

So, the thing is, I actually kind of prefer bland food over taste explosions. In my experience, a lot of healthy food has always just been too full of unfamiliar flavour for me, or it's simply flavours and textures that I don't like.
I think there's a time where I would have said it was boring, but I think that's because I didn't really think about it.

Is healthy eating boring?

It can sometimes be boring! If I am rushed or tired then trying to make a healthy meal can be a huuuuuge pain. However, I actually really enjoy cooking so when I have time to actually plan a meal out then I find it fun Smiley Happy I enjoy tweaking recipes to include more veggies/ingredients that I like. I often cook big batches of things too so when I am in a lazy mood I can just heat it up. 

I agree with @missep, I don't think healthy eating is boring either. There are plenty of creative and fun ways of going about making healthy foods

Like for example I really like lasagne, to make it a healthy version I use brown pasta sheets and add tons of veggies to it Smiley Happy
Highlighted

is healthy eating boring?

hmm yes it can be! im never enticed by just picking up a piece of fruit id rather be baking something so i guess it depends on whats avaliable Smiley Happy
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because your WORTH it!**

@May_ I've noticed that when we buy something together, like say a block of chocolate, I feel like I have to have as much as he's having or have a good amount. So we end up finishing up the block of chocolate because we both wanted to eat as much of it as we could together.
Very much an unwise move on my part.

@MissX making meals in bulk is an awesome strategy! (I also find it helpful Smiley Happy)

Anyone here a Reddit user? Shout out to /r/MealPrepSunday which is awesome for this sort of stuff Smiley Very Happy

Nooope! Over time I've learnt a lot about cooking and flavours and what I like. I used to think I hated so many ingredients (helloo mushrooms) but now that I cook a lot I have discovered how to make meals in a way that works really well for me. I have gradually added more and more ingredients into the repertoire of things I really like and know how to use in a meal. I love making huge veggie curries, rice dishes and pasta sauces that are really flavoursome Smiley Very Happy

oh my goodness I just looked up /r/MealPrepSunday and it's changed my life @lokifish
Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here to start a topic

Not sure where to start?:
Head here and say hi!
Users Online
Currently online: 2 members 283 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members:
Top High Fived Authors