cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] Healthy Eating Aug 13

What are your favourite go-to healthy meals?

Curries (tumeric, cumin, chilli base) with lots of veggies and then lentils or chickpeas, tacos with refried black beans (new favourite thing to make!) guacamole and pico de gallo salsa, pasta with lentil bolognese, pizzas with all the veggies and random rice dishes with veggies and beans Smiley Very Happy

One day I want to make veggie dumplings.
That sounds so good to me Smiley Happy

@litgym wooo another fellow vego! Smiley Very Happy

My gut can't tolerate cows milk anymore (but can still have yoghurt and stuff in small amounts) so I'm sort of halfway to veganism Smiley Tongue It's sooooo hard to cut out all animal products though - I'd love to go full vegan but it means most processed foods are out the window and I love my chocolate too much haha. Let me know if you make it work though! I have mad respect for people who do it!

Yay for vegos @litgym @lokifish! I got soo much more into cooking when I finally went vegetarian Smiley Very Happy

@missep now I'm craving dumplings! Smiley Tongue

I'm actually on a massive seaweed bender at the moment (no idea why hahaha)... I need to learn how to make my own sushi instead of having to eat out

I looove sushi and seaweed Smiley Happy
@lokifish
I love those little seaweed snacks they have at asian grocers

@lokifish yeah it’ll be hard because i love my chocolate too !! there is vegan chocolate though.  i also eat a lot of yogurt so that’ll be hard to cut out but i really want to go vegan though i have to wait few years because my mum won’t let me Smiley Sad also organic food is amazing, oml it’s so much better than normal fruits, veges etc.

@May_ I found the same thing! It forces you to actually learn how to cook and think about what's in your food/what nutrients you need because you can't just rely on the meat for iron etc. anymore. Interesting how dietary changes can have unexpected consequences Smiley Happy

Same @litgym @lokifish @May_ being veg has certainly helped me eat better at times.

Actually, it's mostly how bad I am at eating healthy that has kept me from going completely vegan. I do end up having vegan days unintentionally most days though!

What do you think healthy eating is? Do you think eating the odd snack snack (chips, ice cream) is still considered healthy eating?

I think everything in moderation, especially when it comes to junk food. I do think though people can go to extremes such as overeating  and even getting stressed out because they ate a bar of chocolate and had an Indian kebab for lunch for example when they normally eat really healthy.

2. What are the biggest barriers or challenges of eating healthy for you?

Probably isn't as bad anymore but I am a lot more active now, and I've been trying to eat a lot healthier, although I feel like I've been slacking off lately.....

Is healthy eating boring?

Definitely not! When I bake sweet things I often use as little sugar as possible because then it's not as bad as eating junk food but it's still sweet, also eating frozen fruit for example is a really nice alternative to for example ice cream. Also in general cooking things is fun!

What are your favourite go-to healthy meals?

I once made banana bread with no sugar, and it was delicious! I guess anything really, like the other day I made lentil shepherd's pie which was really nice