cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Help! Is anybody out there?

Hey @stonepixie ! Awesome having you join us here tonight!

Definitely agree on the positive outcome on helping yourself out Smiley Happy To gain confidence in yourself to get help would greatly benefit your physical and mental health. 

Evening all!

Why do you think getting help in important? What are some of the positive outcomes?

Very timely chat for me as I had to do a bit of help-seeking a few weeks ago. Getting help is important because it helps you to make sense of what you're going through, learn new ways to tacke/deal/cope with things and for me, seeking help helps me to out things in perspective, and it makes me feel better knowing that I have support from others.

@ideasman15 Aw man, that sucks! Keep powering on!

No worries @Myvo. This topic is very close to home, having been in a similar situation not too long ago. Reading about what @Sophie-RO wrote about GR sessions on 'Friday Fives' made me want to participate even more. 

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Hey @delicatedreamer ! Welcome welcome!

I agree with all of those. Knowing yourself when you're struggling is a big thing - it's almost like a sixth sense. Putting things into perspective, yours or someone else's, can really help with organising your thoughts and figuring out what your next step is. 

@stonepixie It's fantastic that you want to participate more in GR! The input and the perspectives that you guys have as well as your life experiences makes these sessions a great learning experience Smiley Happy

Alright, next question!

Where are some places young people can go to get help?

Where are some places young people can go to get help? 

• Family
  • Friends
  • School / Uni counselors
  • Kids Helpline
  • Headspace
  • A trusted adult in their life such as a minister
  • Youth drop in clinics
  • Charity shops - the people working there should point you in the right direction
  • Even online at websites like RO

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Hi guys!

Stats say that the majority of people go to family & friends first (& sometimes only)... so making sure people know how to be good supports when people turn to them for help us really important... like just listen and dont judge

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com