cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Help! Is anybody out there?

@stonepixie Wow, that's quite a list! But, all of these people and services can definitely help you out Smiley Happy

@stonepixie wrote:

Where are some places young people can go to get help? 

• Even online at websites like RO

Yes defo! A first step onto a site like RO can be a great first step as it's less scary - anonymous, 24/7, private... you can get the info and support you need to take the next step

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Where are some places young people can go to get help?

Friends, family, trusted adult (e.g. teacher, counsellor, psychologist etc.), teachers/uni lecturers, KHL, RO, headspace, Lifeline, GP, Beyond Blue... there are probably others, depends on what you're seeking help with.

Yea it is quite a list! But it can be so hard to navigate - its so sad that people feel like there is no where to turn...

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

There are also LOTS of services in your local area and if you need help finding out where they are you could ask your school counselor, uni/tafe welfare office or local community centre

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Especially when they are new to the area.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@delicatedreamer Yup, it's very important to find someone you trust. Especially someone who is respectful of your privacy and confidentiality. 

I know I spent about a month looking for places to go before I finally settled on one. It just seemed like the right place, my gut instinct was telling me that it was the place to go.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

It looks like there are plenty of places, people and ways that can help you out! Moving onto our next question --

How do you know if you or a friend may need help?

stonepixie wrote:
Especially when they are new to the area.

so true!!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com