cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Help! Is anybody out there?

How do you know if you or a friend may need help? 

When they start behaving abnormal, become social withdrawn, become jumpy at noises or when you walk up behind them, they seem distant, their eyes don't light up anymore when they talk about something they enjoy. There are heaps of clues.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@Myvo wrote:

It looks like there are plenty of places, people and ways that can help you out! Moving onto our next question --

How to know if a friend needs help? Suchs a tricky one and I think one that a lot of people can struggle with... but the answer is simpler than you think! Ask them!! A simple "are you ok" can go a long way...

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Usually I can tell I need help if I'm feeling really stressed and/or my anxiety is having a big impact on my life. Sometimes I need it pointed out to me though. With friends I can usually tell they need help if their behaviour changes, they seem very stressed, or if they are bit more quiet and withdrawn than usual.

Some people do the withdrawn thing, and some people can do the opposite... Sometimes it can be really hard to tell - so making sure than within your group of friends/family that its known that asking for help is a good thing and that you are up for supporting each other is really important to

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Yes! A simple are you ok is perfect, but I think that a lot of people myself included, will almost always reply with "I'm fine" even when we are not. I don't have much experience with others but for myself, I found I needed help when I just couldn't get out of the ditch I had fallen into.

@delicatedreamer wrote:

Usually I can tell I need help if I'm feeling really stressed and/or my anxiety is having a big impact on my life. Sometimes I need it pointed out to me though. With friends I can usually tell they need help if their behaviour changes, they seem very stressed, or if they are bit more quiet and withdrawn than usual.

knowing when we need help can be harder than in others sometimes! thanks for sharing your experience!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Sorry dudes, I have returned! Technology can be a pain sometimes!! Haha

Why do you think getting help in important? What are some of the positive outcomes?

Like it's already been mentioned, it's really good to get things off your chest and even getting advice and feedback from the other person can really be helpful. I guess the best out come would to feel better afterwards, be wiser and more informed Smiley Happy

Where are some places young people can go to get help?

Pretty much everywhere! My top picks are school counsellors, doctors, hotline counsellors and trusted friends.

Change in character, withdrawal and just negative vibes (when usually there isn't) are things that I usually look out for, and usually it works Smiley Happy I just you just gotta know what to look for/know your friends.

Hi madame! thanks for joining it, thanks for sharing what happens for you!
where was somewhere that you have gone for help?

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

@delicatedreamer I think that sometimes, we can be in a state of denial about what's really going on for us. This could prevent us from getting the help we need, but it's great to have people who can help you point it out!

@Sophie-RO I agree. My sister becomes really over the top happy when something is bothering her, where as I withdraw. It just depends upon the personality.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ