cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Help! Is anybody out there?

Awesome @stonepixie , you've made a lot of really rad points there. There are so many things that can indercate that something is wrong 

I found it uncomfortable for the most part, with some exceptions to get 'help' and so I found myself looking at places like RO and KHL because of the anonymity. It's very intimidating talking to others about your darkest secrets!

Hey @Madame ! Thanks for coming on board with us tonight!

"Are you ok?" - Man, it can be an awkward question at times. 

It's really weird that my professor noticed that something was wrong with me, but none of my friends noticed, even though I stopped hanging out as much, and stopped talking to them altogether.

My psychologist just told me that some people freak out when they noticed something is wrong with a loved one and don't know what to do, so it is definitely worth knowing how to help.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Hi @Madame . The dreaded 'I'm fine.'.... One of my friends was talking to me the other day and she admitted that she says that often, but really wants people to push for a real answer... I wonder why we find it so hard to admit that, sometimes, we're not okay? 

@Madame I agree! It can be scary sharing your secrets to someone. That's why it all comes down to trust Smiley Happy

Next question guys!! What are something’s that can get in the way of getting help? How can people overcome this?

I wonder that too dreamcatcher!

@dreamcatcher I think that it's difficult to admit that we're not ok because not only is it such an effort to go into detail about what you're going through, but we're also afraid of the reaction we'll get from someone. It might be a way of protecting ourselves and not wanting to reveal a more vulnerable side to us. 

@dreamcatcher I guess it is the shame of asking for help. You feel like they don't want to hear about your problems or that you don't want to bother them with your problems.

My housemate and I have come up with a rule that we are not allowed to answer the 'how was your day' question with 'alright and fine'. 

I've also stopped accepting the "I'm fine" response when I ask how someone is.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ