cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] Holiday Blues - Dec 17

Hey everyone!

I do enjoy the holidays, mainly spending time with family and friends! It can get quite stressful though as it is a busy time and I work in retail, so work gets quite stressful as well.

This is actually my first year of not looking forward to Christmas, and its actually making me sick. Its sad that it doesn't feel the same anymore. Sorry thats so blue, anyway i AM looking forward to the food, family, and hopefully a chance to clear my mind. also binge watching netflix will be great =)

What is your favourite thing about the holidays? Do you enjoy them?

My favourite thing is getting to do what I want to do and not having to deal with overdue schoolwork, deadlines and being more social.  I enjoy the break, but the amount of time I have to myself makes it a bit harder as well as the fact that my family can be really grumpy sometimes.

There's a lot of sport over the holidays isn't there @redhead. Do you watch the boxing day test match? I know in my family, the boxing day NBA (USA basketball) games are a big thing Smiley Happy

I can imagine retail is super busy this time of year @dog_lover94

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

My favourite thing about the holidays is just getting a break from all the stress that life throws at me haha. I find that the year just gets really really busy and holidays are a great time to just catch up on sleep and resting!

As for the second question, I do generally enjoy them, although sometimes it can be a conscious effort to do so, making sure I'm around other people and doing things I enjoy, not just laying in bed all day. Holiday time can give me way too much time to myself as @litgym has already pointed out, so I try to plan out my days to make sure that I'm looking after myself.

Hey @indieinsanus, there's no need to apologise, that's a perfectly valid way to feel. Heart I'm very glad to hear that you've found some positives in there though! Smiley Happy

Gift giving is my love language so I love giving gifts Smiley Happy I also love how life just seems more sparkly and glittery.

I do enjoy them, but my family is in a transition stage as some of my cousin's are married and it's getting harder to catch up with the extended family. For Christmas day it will just be the immediate family but on boxing day we will have an extended family dinner. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

Next question:

What do the holidays mean to you?

@idieinsanus I relate, it doesn't feel the same anymore for me either. I think for me it's because my family has changed so much compared to when I was younger and loved Christmas...

@FootyFan26 Same, my dad usually gets really grumpy around this time of year, and the cost is a hard one too for us, and there's some triggers too for December... *shrug*

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

oh my goodness you would be super busy right about now! @dog_lover94 its so crazy in the shopping centres!
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**