cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Holiday Blues - Dec 17

i agree very much !!! @scared01  jess always has such thought out answers and also so loving toward everyone Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@Bee yeah, the financial aspect is a big one for a lot of people. Definitely leads to an increase in stress and conflict.

What do the holidays mean to you?

Hmm unfortunaltly my 'holidays' arent really holidays, ill still be working both jobs, still have family responsibilities but usually the time spent with family during this time is a little less stressful and more meaningful as we tend to go out and do more activities like the beach, movies, riding the horses, and whatever else might happen during that time. So i guess it means more family time and more breathing space as well for both myself and the kids while they are off school as well.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

I guess its a time to reflect on the religious meaning for me, but it's also a time to take time out of the usual routines and look at the year almost gone and focus on what's coming a head. For the first time in many years I feel happy where I am and I am proud of what I have achieved in 2018. Next year is filled with uncertainty as I finish my course and hopefully find a job, my parents are also in the process of moving overseas to be missionaries so once they raise support they will be off (we don't know how long it will take though). So I'm trying to focus on the now and not worry about what next year will bring!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

@scared01that sucks that you don't have much of a break, but the way you spend time with your family sounds lovely Smiley Happy
(your comment to @Jess1-RO made me smile so much, you've got such a big heart <3)

For me, holidays are a time when I need to be more proactive about routines and making sure I'm looking after myself, but at the same time enjoying the lack of stress from uni/work/everything else that stops.

@Jess1-ROI second the responses of @scared01 & @litgym your answers are always so insightful! Heart

@FootyFan26absolutely! We always try to start getting things early, but still gets stressful...

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

3. What causes your holiday blues? / What do you struggle with the most during holidays?

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

Aww thank you @scared01@ecla34@Bee and @litgym Heart

@litgym, you raised such a good point about sleep- I feel we build up a sleep debt over the year, and the holidays are a really great time to give some of that rest time back Smiley Happy

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

@ecla34 Smiley Happy
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**