cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Holiday Blues - Dec 17

What are some self-care strategies that you would suggest that could help cope with the holiday blues?

I like trying to set myself something to achieve each day, so even if i feel like i'm spinning my wheels, i know i've done something Smiley Happy Also engaging in all the hobbies etc. that i let slide during term time, definitely good distractions and something to look forward to!

4. What are some self-care strategies that you would suggest that could help cope with the holiday blues?

Like most things i think the basics are essential in surviving not only the holidays but everyday. Balanced diet, exercise, hygeine, and some down time in there.
Some really easy self care things i tend to do are slightly longer showers, bubble baths, crochet, sitting outside with a cup of tea, and just laying on my bed with music, very simple but generally effective.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

What are some self-care strategies that you would suggest that could help cope with the holiday blues?

For me, a basic one to start off with would be exercise... and for me that means going for a walk outside. It forces me to interact with the world and at least get active a little bit. I think when things get tough, I like to try self compassion, and journalling.

Really keen to hear what other people think!

@ecla34 setting yourself something to achieve each day is a great idea!

4. What are some self-care strategies that you would suggest that could help cope with the holiday blues?

A recurrent theme is isolation and problems with people so I think keeping in touch with your support group and good friends and making sure to look out for eachother.

@Bee i love that GIF

Q4. using my strategies on my safety plans and contacting khl Smiley Happy

Hi I'm so late (sorry - the time difference and I got stuck in traffic kinda made me mess everything up.

I agree with everyone else, just spending some time alone after being around a lot of people reallly helps - Christmas is pretty chaotic! Just giving some time for yourself really helps Smiley Happy

welcome !! Smiley Happy @annabethxchase

I make sure I take time for myself. I also find during the week between Christmas and New Year you don't care what day it is so it can be easy to blob around and do nothing, so I try to get myself out of the house and stick to some sort of routine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!