cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Holiday Blues - Dec 17

3. my mood tends to drop heaps, it’s really bad. last holidays i didn’t get out of the house and layed in bed for 2 weeks. im around my mum far too much which drives my head in. everything just seems to bottle up Smiley Sad

3. What causes your holiday blues? / What do you struggle with the most during holidays?

Similar to @scared01, the hardest part for me are missing the people who aren't there Heart

For me, I try to connect with those who I have lost by doing something meaningful for them and I and I find that really helps me get through the holidays 

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

@litgym perhaps you could arrange a few outdoor activities with friends, cousins or whomever you like? even just setting yourself the goal of going for a walk each day to ensure you arent sitting at home each day...
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

What causes your holiday blues? / What do you struggle with the most during holidays?
I'm a bit like you @FootyFan26, i tend to stagnate a lot without routine and pick back up bad habits. Stressed family can also equal snappy family which puts me a bit on edge, also not keen on passive aggressive crap from family i only see once a year Smiley Happy 
That being said, i know what i'm like during uni breaks so i can work on it! And passive aggressive family is something me and my sisters can laugh about together. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're have a Slow-Mo Getting Real chat on Family Changes during the week running from the 7-11th of October! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

@Jess1-RO Something that helps me during the stronger 'missing people' emotions are to actually light a candle for them. For my nan i have her favourite coloured bauble with her name on it and i make sure its hanging on the tree and once thats taken down its still hanging up near her picture i have on the mantlepiece
Might help you too.....

4. What are some self-care strategies that you would suggest that could help cope with the holiday blues?

Image result for self care gifImage result for self care gif

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@scared01 im not allowed to talk to my extended family and im not trusted to go for a walk so im basically held captive ! 

It sounds like being alone with thoughts and feeling low are something a few people here experience Heart That extended time of not being busy can be a real challenge with all the down time @FootyFan26 @litgym- totally relate to both of your posts! Is there anything you find that helps to get you through? (I'd really love to hear your answers to Q4!)

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

oh bugger @litgym perhaps some friends can come to your house then.. something to think about anyway. It would be a really hard situation to be in thats for sure. thinking of you Heart

4. What are some self-care strategies that you would suggest that could help cope with the holiday blues?

Firstly I would suggest any self-care strategies/activities the person normally uses that help

I would also encourage them to read through this mammoth list of coping strategies & distractions Smiley Tongue

I also think that while self-care is good it can sometimes be beneficial to talk about what has you feeling the way you do, so either talking to a friend or family or a helpline such a lifeline or KHL if you need too

Image result for self care gif

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart