cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Holiday Blues - Dec 17

How can we help others who are experiencing holiday blues?

I reckon we can keep in contact with people and maybe take them out and do something nice with them.  People tend to stay inside a lot sometimes so getting out of the house could be good for some people.

Sure @scared01, to answer your question about Q4: For me it is all about listening to my body. When I start to feel tired and sore, I know that I have pushed myself too hard and may need to take it easy. Over time I have gotten better at knowing when to rest, so on days when I am tired from the onset, I try to be kind to myself by resting and setting a lower expectation of myself that day Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2019 here

thanks @Jess1-RO that sounds like a good way to put it for sure! might have to start implementing that one myself
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

I love how much consistency there is across everyone's answers to the last question Heart

Well this marks the end of our chat about holiday blues!  We've discussed the importance of self-care and the importance for caring others tonight and you all have provided each other with great ideas and tools to get us through the holiday season!

Thanks for coming tonight and take care over the holidays!!!

i agree @Jess1-RO

thanks for the chat everyone Smiley Very Happy @ecla34@mrmusic@FootyFan26@annabethxchase@litgym@Bee and everyone (sorry having a mental blank!)

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Thank you to everyone who has been involved in this incredible chat! This community is so incredibly amazing and it is such a privilege to be part of these discussions Heart

I know I have learnt so much from this discussion that I am going to try over the holidays Heart

Look after yourselves and if you need to chat over the holiday period, the ReachOut community is here for you Heart

Having a quick late-night catch up of the forums, and thought I'd check out the GR... love how active tonight has been! Smiley Very Happy

I agree that it's the simple actions which can often have the biggest impact on emotional states. For supporting others, it's often about sending them a quick message. For ourselves, it's often about taking a moment for a few deep breaths when we're feeling drained or overwhelmed Heart

Thanks everyone for joining in last night, it was great to see the GR so active Smiley Happy 

Buzzfeed has actually just published 37 Holiday Self-Care Tips which we thought were worth sharing and we encourage you to check out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!