cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Holiday Blues - Dec 17

That sounds like quite a busy time for you @scared01 Heart I can hear just how much you look after everyone around you and that's a really beautiful thing! I hope that over these holidays you also get some time for you Smiley Happy

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

3. What causes your holiday blues? / What do you struggle with the most during holidays?
For me there are lots of things at play this year, some personal, some family related, job/work related etc.
I think this year I'm struggling with direction the most. I kind of feel lost in where I'm headed with my life and unsure of where to go... but I'm working on these slowly

Get to know each other more in our monthly Introduce Yourself HERE!

We updated our guidelines! Check them out HERE!
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

3. What causes your holiday blues? / What do you struggle with the most during holidays?

I guess the whole cousins are getting married and moving on stuff and that I don't match up to them. I have 2 cousins who are married, 2 who are doctors, 1 in medical school and the rest (except for the one who is still in high school) are at university then there's me with mental health issues, studying at TAFE (after two years of unemployment) and single. Don't get me wrong I am happy where I am, especially considering that my doctor didn't even think I would finish high school so I have proven people wrong. It's just hard not to compare yourself to others especially when they are telling you what they have achieved and that they are in relationships and what not. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

3. What causes your holiday blues? What do you struggle with the most during the holidays?

My holiday blues are generally caused by the overwhelm associated with this holiday period. While i do love the time spent with family it can get quite overhelming esp when ive got the kids alot, trying to work both jobs, as well as implement self care and some breathing space in there as well. Can be quite a juggling act and i find i burn out quickly so in turn lowers my mood alot. Another is the fact that my nan isnt here anymore either, the one christmas i had left with her (2 yrs ago) i couldn be there half the time as i was called out urgently to work so her last christmas i pretty much missed Smiley Sad so theres lots of emotions that bring out the holiday blues.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

What causes your holiday blues? / What do you struggle with the most during holidays?

For me, I guess it's actually motivation (or lack thereof). It's easy for me to lay in bed all day and think about everything that's happening, and that's unhealthy for me. I need to actually force myself to have structure in my day, and that's something that I struggle with a lot, particularly when I don't have deadlines.

Another thing I struggle with during holidays is loneliness, particularly when lots of people I know go away, so it's hard to keep in touch and stay connected (email, phone and social media only go so far).

I hear you @Bee Heart

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

yes! @mrmusic lonliness is something that i struggle with too. it can be really tricky to manage cant it

it is super busy @Jess1-RO can be both good and bad i suppose but i just take it one day at a time. hopefully ill get a day or 2 in there though of breaks.

I think just the increased amount of alone time I have, and being left alone with my thoughts.  It's also difficult with a lack of structure, I tend to have to work harder to create a routine and do the basics like brush my teeth and eat properly.

hearing you on that one @Bee Heart