cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Holiday Blues - Dec 17

4. What are some self-care strategies that you would suggest that could help cope with the holiday blues?

It is all about realistic expectations for me. I always feel like I need to achieve something in the day, and sometimes in the holidays that just isn't going to happen. I try to be kind with myself and recognise when I might be asking more of myself than what I can do. I know that the time between Xmas and New Year is really tiring and a "recovery" period from all the business of the Christmas lead up and that I need more self care time during that week. 

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

Really nice to see you @annabethxchase!

Final question for tonight Smiley Happy

How can we help others who are experiencing holiday blues?

hey @annabethxchase Smiley Very Happy

@ErinsAntics taking time for yourself is a great point, i find it something thats often neglected in amongst the chaos
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Reaching out! Asking people how they're doing and letting them know that they're not forgotten, that there's someone thinking of them Smiley Happy 

@Jess1-RO its interesting you bring up expectations that are realisitc, do you mind if you share how you would work out what is realistic and what mightnt be?
that is something i struggle with all the time

Reach out to others where you can Heart Sometimes even a simple "Thinking of you" or "I'm always here if/when you need someone to talk to" can make the biggest difference 

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

Just letting them know that you are there and being a listening ear. I also try to plan things with friends who I know may be struggling during the festive period, just so they have a distraction and they can get out of the house.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

Q: I whole-heartedly agree with @ecla34! Reaching out is such a great way to help others, just letting them know that you're there for a 'shoulder to cry on' and that you support them Smiley Happy

lol @ecla34 @Jess1-RO you beat me to the final answer Smiley Very Happy

@ErinsAntics that's so thoughtful Smiley Happy