cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Holiday boredom. It's a thing??

i have written many assignments before and been so bored with what i was doing that i cried!! @kittycat23

Yeah I agree that being "bored" is often mistaken as being "lazy." You have to really consider why you are taking time off and be kind to yourself.

Definitely agree @ryvb3!

I know I don't like getting inside my head too much. It can really get me down 

Sounds like a plan @florenceforever I might take you up on that Smiley Happy Will give me a chance to escape my crazy relatives haha

Definitely @Student94 

Self care is so crucial to your mental and physical health

Highlighted

Haha ditto @delicatedreamer!

We could have a brain storming session and come up with some new excited threads Smiley Wink

Or go back to the oldest threads in the hanging out section and bring them back to life! 

Okey dokey, next question guys!

How do you know when you’re starting to get bored? Or is it one minute you’re not bored next minute you are?

How do you know when you’re starting to get bored? Or is it one minute you’re not bored next minute you are?

i know im getting bored when i cant concerntrate on a book im reading ... becuase im just uninterested 

or im watching crappy tv that i generally love then i realise i have zoned out for two hours and havent listend to anything 

How do you know when you're starting to get bored? Or is it one minute you're not bored, the next minute you are?

I think it definitely just hits me sometimes. I'll be watching a TV show and I'll think 'I'm too bored to even finish this' I won't be at all interested in what I'm watching. And I would rather sleep than continue to. (Not great for the mental health!)

Often if I wake up during the holidays without planning to do at least one thing that day, then I'll be bored. I try and space out seeing friends and having appointments, so that I have to get up, shower, get to wherever I need to be almost every day

How do you know when you're getting bored?

I think there can be a number of signs and it's different for different people. I think a big one for me is that my mind starts to wander away from the task I'm doing and I don't feel like I'm enjoying it anymore or am thinking of other things I could be doing.
I might start to get restless and fidgety if I'm really bored, depending on what I am doing.