cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Holiday boredom. It's a thing??

@delicatedreamer
nothing meaingful thats a great point !! like you can watch TV if your bored but sometimes thats just not enough. Thats interesting you discussed it at uni i can imagine that would have been very insightful

I really agree with @delicatedreamer 

having nothing "meaningful" to do is different from having nothing to do. Even if I experience holiday boredom, I'm still doing things like housework or grocery shopping.

I agree @EloiseRose  and @delicatedreamer 

Things like watching TV seem SO important and interesting whilst I'm on swot vac. But then holidays hit and I get bored watching TV for more than an hour...

Wow, great insightful answers guys!

Next question:

2. What is the difference between boredom and relaxation, how are they the same and how are they different?

oh i totally agree...

@florenceforever 

I agree with @florenceforever 

That's why I think it's important to be consistent throughout the year. Even if we're on holidays, we should still find something that challenges us and maintain a balance between work, play and rest

2. What is the difference between boredom and relaxation, how are they the same and how are they different?

I think when you're relaxed, you enjoy having little to do but when you're bored, you crave for more to do!

Relaxation for me is a state of mind that I often have to consciously decide to work towards. I feel a sense of calm and often have more energy after I am in a relaxed state.

Whereas I never actually choose to be bored. It negatively affects my mood and makes me pretty inactive.

Definitely @EloiseRose 
My kitchen is spotless after swot vac!

Definitely @Student94  - it's all about the balance - regardless of whether you're on holidays! (for the most part that is Smiley Wink

Being bored for me is having a negative feeling when a) I'm not interested in the activity before me or I'm supposed to be participating in or b) there is no activity to take part in. I tend to find I get tired & sometimes yeah it does get me down, especially when I could be out with friends but aren't so I feel lonely.