cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Holiday boredom. It's a thing??

I definitely agree @kittycat23 
Relaxation DOES feel good! I think that's a really insightful answer Smiley Happy

So if holidays are filled with all this down time and time off, whats so good about ‘empty’ time or time when you have nothing to do? Why might being bored be a good sign?

Sometimes I just crave being bored/lazy. After a 30-40 hour working week, plus 20 hours of volunteering on top, sometimes all I feel like is lounging around and doing absolutely nothing. And afterwards, after feeling as though I've gotten all that boredom of doing nothing out of my system, I start to feel good again! After that I might do some self care activities - ie have a bubble bath or play my guitar. And then get back into my busy life schedule Smiley Happy

So if holidays are filled with all this down time and time off, whats so good about ‘empty’ time or time when you have nothing to do? Why might being bored be a good sign?

Someone people think being bored is 'the worst' and something that must be avoided!! 

But like you @florenceforever  i crave boredom sometimes. tumble weeds in my brain hahah.

So if holidays are filled with all this down time and time off, whats so good about ‘empty’ time or time when you have nothing to do? Why might being bored be a good sign?

You have the freedom to think about things you want/are missing from your life. This can help you find more fulfilment as opposed to having too much to do and trying to keep up with all your commitments that may not necessarily make you happy.

Well it's time when you don't have to stress about meeting a deadline, getting that assignment done etc. etc. That's definitely a good sign! It also gives you time to relax (as previously mentioned!) and time to plan what you would like to do Smiley Happy

Because you're giving yourself a rest!!! Your brain can't funtion on 100% forever & you can't rush around doing everything forever (believe me, I've tried!). Down time gives you a chance to catch on sleep, slow down, maybe even give you some time to think through issues that you haven't yet had the headspace to think about until now.

Why might boredom be a good sign? Maybe it means that your brain is recovered & is able to take on some things again?

@Student94
now thats a cool idea.... freedom to think!!
Being bored might mean your brain is free to just do whatever thinkings it wants too. i like it

That's an awesome answer @Student94 

Being bored actually gives you time to stop and think!

I made a life changing decision a few months back whilst I was sitting on my couch INCREDIBLY bored

@delicatedreamer 

Yes I also like this planning idea whilst bored Smiley Happy I often find myself writing out my 'to-do' lists when I'm bored

@kittycat23 maybe its your brains why of resetting itself? who knows. We need a neurologist on here haha. My dad is one but i don't live at home. Maybe he knows what our brain does when we get bored ha

Definitely @kittycat23!

Everyone needs a rest once in a while. Sometimes you literally just need to stop everything in order to rest and recover so that you can keep going.