cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Holiday boredom. It's a thing??

@florenceforever ... life changing hey?
that sounds heavy and kind of exciting in relation to boredom haha

Haha yep, it was pretty life changing @EloiseRose!

It makes sense though. I was doing all the things we've previously mentioned: I used my boredom to think about my life and plan for the future. And those 15 minutes changed everything! 

We've just covered some pro's about being bored, now what about the cons?

Why don’t people like to be bored? Some people find it really hard to deal with boredom

Why don’t people like to be bored? Some people find it really hard to deal with boredom

Its a social thing i think.

No one wants to appear like they arent doing anything constructuve. 

People i think dont like to feel aimless or like they arent achieving anything 

We've covered it a bit already - but boredom for extended amounts of time can make you feel really crappy. You often lack motivation, interest, inspiration and creativity. It can be good to give yourself a rest, but bad when it is ongoing and draining

Oh and for people like me who are always doing something, being bored makes me stop and think 'I should be doing something right now, I don't like not doing anything, this doesn't feel right...'

@florenceforever
i guess the extreme end of boredom would be awful... you know months and months and months of not doing anything that makes you feel even a lil bit good

I personally don't like to be bored because sometimes I find that being bored causes me to dwell on negative thoughts and feelings can make me more anxious. The Christmas period is often really hard for me because of this.

Yeah definitely @EloiseRose 

I've certainly been trapped like that before during school holidays, and it really isn't fun. You know you're bored on school holidays when you're craving to go back to school - just so you have a routine and something to do!

I agree with @EloiseRose 

I think the older you get, the more pressure you feel to always earn the free time you get. If you're having too much spare time, you feel like you're not achieving anything and it affects your self-confidence.