cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Holiday boredom. It's a thing??

@delicatedreamer
I agree. For me christmas is the same. i go from volunteering at two places and full time masters degree... to nothing!!
haha

I'm sorry to hear that @delicatedreamer 

Christmas can be a really tough time of year. I've definitely noticed that I too often dwell on unhelpful thoughts and memories when I'm bored. It's really not a very nice feeling!

@florenceforever
routine is something that hasn't been mentioned yet!!!
Rountine can combat boredom or at least safe guards it

@Student94
Yeh i think thats from my mum saying to me " oh i wish i could be bored, i wish i had enough time and less things to do"
So i think i felt a bit guilty for being bored when others are soon busy

Totally with @EloiseRose about the societal thing, I think boredom can be linked to laziness so if someone says "I'm bored" the obvious answer is get up off your .... and do something. So there's a negative feeling in that we're bored because we're not doing anything & hence not being useful or contributing to society maybe?? Which is not always the case!!! Sometimes I've been doing some sort of work or chores & I've still been bored even if I am doing something useful!!

Yes, same @EloiseRose!! It's so annoying!

@florenceforever Thanks Smiley Happy Yeah it's not very nice. I just try to keep busy as much as I can.

I agree @Student94 

I think it can definitely affect your self confidence, especially once you leave school I think! Whilst you're in school all of your friends are kind of in the same boat as you are!

Definitely @kittycat23 

Again, such an insightful answer!

My brother just finished year 11 and is on exams, and he is SO bored. I see that he is bored and I keep trying to encourage him to do SOMETHING. For the first few weeks I just figured he was being lazy, but I realised that he quite socially isolated being home alone all day and it's really getting him down.

Good idea @delicatedreamer 

I'll be on the forums on Christmas day if you want to hang out in the games/hanging out sections Smiley Wink 

@florenceforever

I was just thinking that. I recall a person I know at work who does something and then moves on to doing something else because they were bored of doing the first task.

In that sense, perhaps people dislike boredom because they don't want to be inside their heads thinking.