cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Holiday boredom. It's a thing??

How do you know when you’re starting to get bored? Or is it one minute you’re not bored next minute you are?

Starting to lose interest in what I'm doing or what's happening, feeling fidgety & frustrated. And then starting to feel down.

This is slightly off-topic, but maybe social media has a role in boredom? I know a lot of the time I'm at home, on Facebook, and there are all these images of people I know going out for a drink or for coffee or whatever, and I guess sometimes I start thinking why am I not doing what they're doing?

Excellent ideas @florenceforever ! I'm looking forward to it now Smiley Very Happy

How do you know when you’re starting to get bored? Or is it one minute you’re not bored next minute you are?

I think when I start spending a lot of time aimlessly searching the net or playing games on my phone then I'm starting to get bored. Or if I start lying on the couch or my bed with nothing to do. Those are warning signs for me.

@Randomness hey hey !!
good point its different for different people !!!

Welcome to the chat @Randomness  Smiley Happy

I love your avatar by the way!

I definitely agree with you - I often find myself feeling really restless when I'm bored. And that makes me feel agitated and grumpy. The pieces are slowly falling into place!

@kittycat23 oh if i didnt have instagram i would be 50% more bored than what i am most of the time hahah

I'm not too late am I?? Hello everyone

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

How do you know when you're starting to get bored? Or is it one minute you're not bored, the next minute you are?

I think even though we often think of boredom as a mental thing, there are also physical and emotional ways your body responds. If I feel tired and lack motivation or feel negative about a lot of things even though I haven't done much, I know I'm bored.

Definitely @delicatedreamer!

I find myself on trashy magazine websites - or literally just pressing the 'refresh' button on Facebook every minute all so... HUGE warning signs that I'm bored! 

Hiya @j95 Glad you could make it Smiley Happy

I think you're onto something @kittycat23 

I get bored on Facebook if nothing much is going on. I've actually been trying to cut down my Facebook time so that I'm not constantly staring aimlessly at a screen