cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Holiday boredom. It's a thing??

Never too late @j95  - welcome! Smiley Very Happy

Yep!! Refresh Facebook and twitter allllll the time when I'm bored @florenceforever

@j95 Never!!
You are always welcome

I think I'm lucky I haven't jumped on the twitter/instagram/vine/anything else bandwagon @delicatedreamer 

Or else I would ALWAYS be bored!

So we are kind of getting into the next q

so tell me 

How do you stop yourself from being bored in the short term like hours or a day?

How do you know when you’re starting to get bored? Or is it one minute you’re not bored next minute you are?

I usually get bored when I have something to do, but I refuse to do it and instead mope around the house saying how bored I am. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Some interesting comments regarding social media. Oftentimes I'll flick through social media, emails etc. when I'm bored, just for something to do, but often I'm just staring at it, not taking much in and just keeping myself bored.

How do you stop yourself from being bored in the short term like hours or a day?

This is a tricky one! Because often when I'm bored I either: a) am giving myself a break from the world and don't actually want to be doing anything. Or b) have no motivation to do anything because I'm bored and feel completely dis-interested.

Some things I've come up with though are:

- Doing small activities - instead of cleaning up my WHOLE room (which whilst bored seems completely overwhelming) just playing some music on Spotify and cleaning for three songs

- Going for a walk - always clears my mind and I feel great after doing it

- Talking to somebody. Even if it is over social media.

- Going on the reachout forums!!! Smiley Very Happy

One great tip to prevent boredom is to hang out with or it some way chat with others. It's a lot harder to get bored with other people around. Also, trying to do a variety of things and not spending too long on one thing can help prevent boredom.

I agree @Randomness 
I do exactly the same thing. Just mindlessly scroll through my newsfeed. Occasionally paying attention to something that catches my eye

@j95 
Yep, I also do that too! I'll avoid doing something and then be bored because I'm not doing anything because I'm avoiding what I' meant to be doing! A vicious cycle...