cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] How to help a friend

And with that, she gracefully bows out.....hahaha!! Smiley Wink

You know where I am if you need me - and I'm always up for a quick chat. Be prepared, because I am definitely going to enjoy myself more, and let you see me just as I am! Smiley Happy

Thanks for the timely topic and excellent comments, folks. I've taken away a little snippet here and there that's sure to help me help my friends a lot better. I can't wait to put them all to use!

There's also the usual suspects, like headspace, lifeline, the GP and school counsellors.

I think other friends are really important sources of support too!

Thanks for the chat, bed time for me!! Until next time Smiley Happy

@9Bronte Thanks for joining in tonight! You were a totally awesome! Enjoy your evening! *internet high five* 

Goodnight @copse ! Have a good, relaxing sleep! You were totally awesome tonight! Smiley Very Happy

So our final question for tonight is:

What is one thing that you can do this week for self-care?

I actually think @Bronte9 & @copse had pretty good ideas - an early bed! It's always good getting a refreshing sleep and waking up with heaps of energy the next day!

Highlighted

Yes copse, but in a way, No... I have learned to put boundaries in place. I've learned to enjoy becoming just that little more 'selfish' and take care of myself. Ha, I spend enough of the day running around after my commitments, projects and obligations (how many hours does it take to prepare meals every day!?)....

Don't worry either - it has taken a while to get to this space Smiley Happy

Sounds like you have a good routine in tackling all your obligations, copse... just remember not to let them get the better of you, okay? Not that you will, I know you won't.

Plenty of time in life. enjoy the journey...

Hmm, mine would be sleep and trying to take it easy. Been resigning from a few extracurricular activities recently Smiley Sad Deeply saddens me, but it's for the best. 

Well, my bath will have to wait a few more mins...

Myvo, FOMO is my signal that I am overdoing it! if I can no longer focus on what I am doing, and start a bit of frantic FOMO'ing, I know I need a break.

That's when I have to be my own best friend and help myself.