cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] How to help a friend

Take time out for myself? What does that even mean? Smiley Surprised
Hahaha I am too committed to too many things to have much time out

@Bronte9 "Pop out to the shops" Oh, boy! I'm definitely guilty of emotional shopping! There's just something so satisfying about doing something nice for yourself. It's even better when you take that "something nice" home and remind yourself that you deserve awesome things that make yourself happy! (At least, that's what I like to tell myself Smiley Tongue)

Yes I know what you mean, copse, I am seriously thinking of bowing out of the session tonight and go have a bit of ME time Smiley Happy

@copse That being "too busy" feeling can be so stressfuuuuul! Plus I find that if I am really busy and I do take time out then I feel guilty about taking time out and feel more stressed! The thing I find works best for me is just going to bed half an hour early (or sleeping in for half an hour if I can). Just laying in my cuddley bed is soooo relaxing!

Who can you turn to if you or your friend is struggling? 

Yup bronte9 but do you ever struggle with guilt? Like if I just went to watch a movie now all I would think about would be studying and business planning and exercising and email replying etc

I have to admit, I think @copse 's suggestion of Reach Out was a pretty good one Smiley Tongue

There's a term for that @copse ! It's called FOMO - Fear of Missing Out!

It's when you feel super guilty about not doing certain tasks or not taking some opportunities (of which some are AMAZING). This also applies to even taking breaks from the hustle and bustle of everyday life D: 

Omg @Myvo is there some kind of FOMO club I can join!? I say yes to everything!

There's many services out there that you can visit and/or talk to like Lifeline, Kids Helpline, beyondblue, headspace, and us here on R.O! Even talking to family, other friends, or reflecting in a journal or diary (not a gross Tom Marvolo Riddle one, mind you) can help you out when you or a friend are struggling.