cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] I failed? It ain't easy

@chandelierI changed my study habits but they've gone back now.  I'm like that, I get motivated by something... 

And then the motivation disappears! Smiley Sad

Q: There is a quote that says "you havent failed, just found a few ways that dont work". tell us about a time you learnt a few ways NOT to do something...

learning to drive..... this is something i feel like i have failed at.... but looking back now i think i learnt that i need to not rely family & friends to teach me and instead save up for lots of professional lessons
Highlighted

@tsnyder haha that's great! being called out/being honest is a great way of identifying a few ways that don't work

wow @tsnyder its not easy to take on that kind of feedback sometimes so well done!

yeah @jvkn I was really taken aback, I actually asked a bunch of other friends the same thing individually and they pretty much all concurred! hahaha I have really been trying to improve

@chandelier i feel you! i've been struggling trying to learn with my dad and i only just had my first professional driving lesson on saturday and it was great!!!

re: motivation. story of my life footyfan

3. There is a quote that says "you havent failed, just found a few ways that dont work". tell us about a time you learnt a few ways NOT to do something...

I learnt how to keep off my stepdad's bad side most of the time.  I think the combination of his reaction and the impact it had on my Mum and bro made me try to change my ways pretty quickly.  Not that the ways I was using were very moraly good but they worked for him.

thanks @chandelier Smiley Happy its funny, if it wasn't the girl I liked telling me, I probably wouldn't have listened!

okay next question peeps

4. to learn from our failures we need to examine our mistakes... that can feel uncomfortable if we look back with a "fixed"mindset (ie believing nothing can change) so how can we make it easier to look back at our mistakes with a "growth" mindset instead?