cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] I failed? It ain't easy

That girl there is a very good communicator @tsnyder hope she's still talking to you, what a find! 

@chandelier I learned exactly the same thing exactly the same way!

4. to learn from our failures we need to examine our mistakes... that can feel uncomfortable if we look back with a "fixed"mindset (ie believing nothing can change) so how can we make it easier to look back at our mistakes with a "growth" mindset instead?

sometimes after a 'failure' I feel really down, so I usually give myself a time frame for feeling down and then a cut off time.  After the cut off I tell myself to move on and learn

i.e. I give myself a limited time to feel bleak and then I move on

I found this about growth/fixed mindsets...

mindset

4. to learn from our failures we need to examine our mistakes... that can feel uncomfortable if we look back with a "fixed"mindset (ie believing nothing can change) so how can we make it easier to look back at our mistakes with a "growth" mindset instead?

Asking for advice and help especially after we feel like we failed can help, family members and friends may have experienced the same situation and can shed some insight to help us grow from the failure.

@chandelier great find! No.4 is so relevant to what we have been saying "When I fail, I learn."

wow @chandelier, awesome find!  In my opinion that seems to highlight ways to think optimistically and rationally, what do you think?

Have a goodnight everyone early night for me Smiley Happy

4. to learn from our failures we need to examine our mistakes... that can feel uncomfortable if we look back with a "fixed"mindset (ie believing nothing can change) so how can we make it easier to look back at our mistakes with a "growth" mindset?

I think if I have learnt from it because the consquences were very negative, than I know almost straight away that I won't do it again, and I know it was stupid, Which motivates me to change. Do I want to lose my apprenticeship again? No way.
But I do give myself a little time to wallow in self pity and hate myself, then I go hold on... yes Obviously I knows it wrong but what can I do better next time? Will I let it happen again?
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

@ruenhonx night! thanks for joining us x

For me the answer is almost in the question. Sometimes i remember an awkward moment from the past. Something i did that I think is embarassing now. For me it's imporatant to accept that this was where I was at at the time, that now I'm somewhere else and that I can pretty much decide where I want to be next and start working towards that. If I think about it like that, my mistakes become the first steps in a journey, not the end of the story Smiley Happy